R&B is looking for a talented technical writer to help create a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. The resource in this role will be a core part of the product management team working closely with engineering, products and services marketing, and customer enablement to create workflows that exemplify the company’s products and services, but also assist in writing proposals- for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programs, system administrators, and integrators.
Technical Writer Requirements:
- Precise writing, production, and technical editing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least five years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from engineering, support, and product management.
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Oversee team collaboration with Development, QA, Product Management, and other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and API documentation.
- Establish team policies and procedures, conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee peer editing and production review work.
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples.